For women of color, finding the perfect make-up to fit our beautiful and unique tones are hectic! Here are some must-know brands that will put your mind and skin at ease!
- Black Opal Beauty: For only $10.00 a pop, these foundation sticks have a soft velvet like finish and their color tones are damn near perfect for every woman of color!
- Fashion Fair: Created by Eunice W. Johnson, Fashion Fair is one of the first Black Owned Beauty Companies in the World & to this very day, still remains one of the best!
- Shea Moisture Make-Up: Known for their hair products, this company started a make-up line in spring of 2014. The colors are radiant with no toxins, parabens, synthetic fragrances, talc, mineral oil, pesticides, animal testings, or gmo's. If you haven't tried it already, it's definitely worth one!
- KA'OIR Cosmetics: Like Melt or NYX, these lipsticks come in all fun, bold, & daring colors!
- Iman Cosmetics: In true shero form, she spoke out against racism of beauty brand placement in drug stores. She was told:"Black women don't wear foundation!" She showed them by not only creating her own make-up line, but also becoming a top seller! Fun Fact: She was the first to come out with BB Cream specifically for darker shades. EAT THAT!
- Ginger + Liz Nail Polish: This widely shade range of nail polish is vegan-friendly, toxin free, and specifically formulated against chemical reactions. Pretty awesome!
- MDMFlow: The 24-year-old Florence Adepoju produces this amazing lipstick in her own parents shed! I love the elegance of the gold tube and inside the colors are even better. The name is even super cool!